Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wardrobe kvetching and a totebag

It's that dreaded time of year - wardrobe changeover time.  I spent quite some time yesterday pulling out the fall/winter clothing, moving out the summer stuff.  Then there was all the steaming, checking for necessary mending, etc., etc., etc.  I'm nowhere near done - and I don't even have that much in my wardrobe!  Well, I was in a less than perfect mood, because I received an e-mail that I did not get the job that I'd interviewed for earlier in the week.  I needed "busy work", hence the closet rearrange.  Needless to say, it was not happening in an efficient manner.  I was also trying to come up with some sort of plan of what to sew.  Seems I'm not the only one musing on wardrobe updates, etc.  I did not keep track of all the blogs that mentioned this - suffice it to say that other people have similar things on their minds.

My "work wardrobe" is tired.  I haven't sewn with much of a plan.  I had no time to do much more than "plug the holes" for quite a while.  Presently, I can make the time to actually plan things out so that I am not tearing my hair out when trying to put together an outfit.  I will have to work with what's in my stash - no money to spend at present.  There are workable pieces there.  I really should be using the patterns that I already have - again not to spend any money.  Now the major hurdle to get over - not falling into the rut of making just very boring basics.  Making some accessories that will pull things together.  Getting over my latest hang-up - I'm getting too old to wear anything trendy, all the while absolutely NOT wanting to look like an old frump.  In my head, I'm not much older than 25.  In reality, I'm twice that.

Enough of that already!  We need a picture here to brighten this up a little.  Last in the "samples for sewing classes" line-up.  A totebag that Joyce asked me to make.  This one is from Kwik Sew 3249, View A.


A tote is a tote - what can I say.

  

This one does have some nifty pockets inside and elastic straps for corralling your water bottle.  May-be I need one of these in a basic neutral, so that I have a "businessy" looking tote for when the time comes to march off to work in the mornings.

I have bee sewing all the while - I just need to download pictures to computer and take some more pictures.  I'm still in the learning process with all of this - I warned you.

No comments:

Post a Comment