|Sorry - photographed after a day's wear.|
As for fit - I raised the armholes by about 3/4 inch, and narrowed the sleeves at the armhole, as well as removing part of the "bust bump" on the side front piece. I did not interface every piece, as instructed at the fabric store with these types of loose weave fabrics, because I wanted a very soft jacket, with the feel of a cardigan. I did fuse strips of knit interfacing at strategic seams to keep things from stretching out with wear. As for those buttonholes - probably wasn't worth all the angst.
I thought that bound buttonholes made from the cotton print that I had used for the piping would look cute. First there was the problem of the super-ravelly fabric. Too many layers and I ended up with a substantial lump at the buttonhole. (Don't like lumps.) Blue bound buttonholes smack in the middle of the pink looked like eyesores, especially with the pink buttons. I finally decided that the only way to go was machine made buttonholes, but then there were more samples to be made. (Do I manage to drag things out or what!) Final decision - corded buttonholes. These should wear well, not that I will wear this buttoned all too often, I think. Now - all together...
That's me, exhausted, after an all-day seminar with my head spinning. If I hadn't snapped this picture yesterday, who knows when I'd be wearing all the components together again. I thought that with the advent of warmer weather I would be able to photograph outside, which seems to give better results, but it's forever raining on and off. It's either indoor pictures, or none at all.
Must say - after a whole day of sitting - the pleated pants are oh so comfortable!