The 1980's dress - the bodice, given that it was simple enough, with only two darts in the front and two in the back. The neckline was also similar to the Burda, or at least close enough. Unfortunately, the sleeves on this one start rather high up on the shoulder. Enter the other dress pattern for sleeves and armscye. Not quite right when I made up the dress - not to worry - one blouse pattern available with just the right sleeve width. Fixed that problem. For the skirt - (who'd a thunk!) the skirt pattern! View F to be exact. Perfect. Oh, except maybe for the fact that as beautifully as the front bodice and skirt front mated - the skirt back was way too big for the back bodice. That was an easy fix, though - just chopped off the excess amount along the back seam of the skirt, and all was well.
Now you can judge for yourselves if I'm even close.
And I suppose you'll be wanting to see "this is how I wore this" photo, so in between parties, while popping home to let the dog out (one does have to remember about the needs of those who guard our homes while we're out having fun), I did manage to snap a picture.
|with "demon dog"|