Thursday, November 3, 2016

Sunday outfit

Some days/weeks just refuse to go as planned.  Playing catch-up again, and I really cannot believe how late I am with this post!

Gray, rainy days do not make it easy to get nice pictures!
The skirt is Butterick 4615
- in a beige - no - let's call it light taupe (sounds so much better than boring beige) suiting.  I love this skirt.  It's a wrap, so there is no chance of inadvertent opening.  The other plus - with a quick re-positioning of the two buttons (one inside, one outside) a slight change in size can be accommodated.  This pattern is OOP, but I did spy it on several sites on the internet.

And the jacket is Vogue 1166
 in greeny/goldy/browny silk and cotton tweed.  (And this one is also OOP.)  The dress that it went with no longer resides in my wardrobe, but the jacket does seem to work with quite a few other pieces, so it stayed.

If there's any one thing that I have a difficult time letting go of, it's jackets.  They seem to take a fair bit of effort, and it's almost like throwing away a friend.  Periodically, I do worry that this or that jacket looks somewhat dated, or worn and weary, in which case said jacket gets pushed into the background until I can finally let it go.
Just curious - what me-mades do you have a difficult time letting go of?


4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous outfit. I don't think your jacket looks dated. Unfortunately I have trouble throwing away any home made clothes until they are really had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Janine. The problem with loving my home-mades, is that I really don't see when the item begins to go a bit stale style-wise.

      Delete