The pattern was bought in (I believe) December. (I bought four patterns at that time and swore that I would buy no more patterns until those four were used. You know that didn't happen, though the subsequent patterns purchased were not from Club BMV.) I was really trying to stick to my word, and this dress was cut in February. Other projects kept rearing their heads, and I finally finished sewing this one in May.
Navy blue rayon challis - not exactly a summer dress, but ... given that we had unseasonably cold weather up until about a week ago, I wore this dress in May, and even in June. Actually, it was nice to have something new to wear that actually fit with the weather. The style reminds me of dresses that I sewed in the '70's - loose, gathered into a yoke, belted. I used the collar from View A and the hem from View B. They certainly don't give you much to play with in the hem - only a 1 and 1/4 inch hem! Next time (there might be a next time) I'll lengthen it just a bit and give myself more hem to turn up. The cuffs are just sewn in the round - no placket, no buttons. Very easy to sew, but I don't know that I'm thrilled with that - again something to revamp in future editions. With such volume to the dress, it might seem rather silly to be making a SBA, but I did - I think it neatened up things under the arms.
I added a little bit of red piping around the collar just to perk things up a bit.
Overall - a very comfortable dress for every day. In a stiffer fabric, I think the style would be rather overwhelming.