Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Geisha jacket take 2

This picture of me wearing jacket took some planning - like remembering to pop my camera in my purse when I went to pick up my cousin to go to the opera, and he graciously agreed to snap this picture.  Back view, because that's the one that counts with this jacket.
Is there some way of sitting in a car without making mincemeat of the back of a skirt?
The skirt (not blogged) is the Hollyburn by Sewaholic - lengthened considerably.  For the particulars on this jacket, please see my previous post.  Continuing information, i.e. the story of the muslin - coming soon.
By the way - did you know that the Met has a fashion blog?  Shows what people wore to the opera.  Rather fun.

5 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love all of the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It fits perfectly, Irene. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm absolutely in love with your jacket, dear Irene. I can't stop looking at it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful jacket! And thanks for that link to the Met blog! That is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! Love the colors, the shape, the texture and the motifs. Will go take a look at the Met blog now.

    ReplyDelete